Training at VEDECOM
The VEDECOM Institute boasts extensive expertise in three areas of research: vehicle electrification, self-driving and connectivity, shared mobility and energy. Its ambition is to support the transformations occurring in the entire automotive and transport ecosystem as new forms of mobility emerge.
The scientific mediation and training actions run by VEDECOM therefore aim to support the professional development of people working in these industrial sectors, or for service and mobility operators and infrastructure managers.
In addition to its close links with the world of research, one of VEDECOM’s major assets is the physical and digital resources it has available, enabling the immediate testing of the technologies developed. Attendees have access to digital simulators, demonstrators, prototyping laboratories and the test tracks at Satory, and also benefit from digital training materials that boost the learning process.
From research to training
Breakthrough innovations developed for carbon-free vehicles and mobility services are set to drive technology change in the transport sector. Businesses and the public sector are already gearing up for these changes. VEDECOM’s role is to anticipate training requirements to support the changes, though continuous professional development and pre-service training, including work-study programmes.
- Supporting the professional development of staff in the automotive sector
- Providing courses for professions that are strategic to new mobility services
- Preparing for ‘and supporting’ the shift in the automotive and transport sectors
- Increasing the appeal of the sector among young people
- Expanding internationally and particularly in emerging countries where French industries have interests and are looking to recruit high-level staff
Business leaders (industrial firms, large corporations, small and medium businesses and industries, start-ups, etc.)
Engineers and technicians
Engineer or advanced technician courses
Degree, Master’s, PhD
The VEDECOM training institute operates within a system of cooperation and partnerships with:
- PFA Automotive Industry & Mobilities and the competitiveness clusters (e.g. Move’o)
- consortium members from industry and/or the service sector
Training at VEDECOM draws on the skills available in its partner network, which it in return enhances.
Flexible training programs to offer solutions that suit a variety of needs: a diverse public, geographic constraints, availability and so on.
The following mechanisms are being considered:
- classroom learning enhanced by ICT (information and communication technologies) for education
- blended learning (a combination of classroom and distance learning)
- distance learning
The training technology environment
We use a digital platform that encourages the pooling of knowledge, research, interaction with peers, co-production, supervision and tutoring.
The teaching scenarios involve group work, situation analysis, problem-solving and project-based learning, and are adapted to match the learner’s profile.
VEDECOM FORMATION’s training resources include digital simulators, demonstrators, a prototyping laboratory, test tracks and access to urban areas for trials.
These resources may be used for demonstration, simulation, experimentation and production activities.
We also develop our own digital resources: MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses), simulations, podcasts, interactive exercises, serious games, and so on.