VEDECOM represented for the first time at the Movin’On Summit
The VEDECOM Institute will be present at Movin’On, the international summit on sustainable mobility, held this year from 4-6 June 2019 in Montreal, Canada. A delegation will visit and speak at this major event. Workshops, conferences, working sessions: the chance for VEDECOM to show the world what it does and to strengthen its ecosystem.
Movin’On Summit: “The Davos of mobility” (Le Figaro)
In an ecosystem of more than 5000 leaders from academia, politics, cities and the business world, Movin’On is the international summit on sustainable mobility. For the 2019 edition, the theme is “Solutions for multi-modal ecosystems”, focusing on 5 main issues: decarbonization and air quality, multimodal urban transit and society, innovative technologies, goods transportation and multimodality, and circular economy. 58 major issues will be explored to identify and put in place actionable solutions to rise to the mobility challenges. Over 80 speakers will participate during the three days, a “village” will bring together the 40 best start-ups in the sphere of mobility, 47 working sessions will be proposed with fun activities, braindates, road tests, micro-mobility tracks, and much more. The programme is varied and innovative to give participants a clearer view of the technological world in which to experiment with the mobilities of tomorrow.
VEDECOM’s contribution will show its various spheres of expertise, from the electric vehicle to the autonomous vehicle, as well as its training offer concerning mobilities of the future.
For the first time, the VEDECOM Institute will be represented at the Movin’On Summit. It will contribute to the reflection via different types of actions:
- Three workshops entitled “Mobility is something you learn!” to test knowledge and perception of new mobilities through fun activities (4 June at 2pm and 5pm and 7 June at 11am);
- A speech by Sylvie Thromas, Director of the Institute’s Training Programme, on the subject of the utility and means to implement for a teaching approach for new mobilities, to foster the deployment of new solutions (5 June at 10am);
- A speech by Stéphanie Coeugnet, Manager of the Laboratory of New Uses at VEDECOM, on the theme of acceptability, or how to contribute to the acceptance of autonomous vehicles by working on their subjective representation (4 June at 4pm);
- The participation of Gilles Le Calvez, Director of the Vehicle Programme, in a working session organised by TOTAL on the theme of electric battery charging and particularly the new “Plug and Charge” technology: new technical standards for recharge identification and payment systems, universal compatibility of the charging stations, and cooperation between the different stakeholders in the research ecosystem will be studied. Objective: to address the issue of a simple, secure and pleasant user experience (4 June at 3.15pm);
- Rémi Bastien, Chairman of the Institute, will participate in a conference on the theme of “Ethics and the challenges of ownership, data security, and data sharing” to better understand how to use data to promote secure and sustainable mobility (6 June at 9am).
Articles récents :
VEDECOM was present on 17 June 2019 at the inauguration of the new TEQMO site, UTAC CERAM's testing and certification centre for self-driving cars. The Institute took this opportunity to give a sneak preview of the VEDECOM V2X validation units, which can simulate...read more
27 mai 2019As part of the 30th Intelligent Vehicle Symposium (IV2019) on 12 June 2019, the VEDECOM Institute, together with IFSTTAR and Mines ParisTech, is coordinating more than 20 demonstrations which will take place on the Versailles Satory test tracks,...read more
VEDECOM Institute is feeling positive after four days of demonstrations, conferences and manning the stand at the EVS32 symposium - the international scientific fair on electric vehicles and the various recharging solutions. The event took place from 19 to 22 May 2019...read more