VERY-LOW-ENERGY AUXILIARIES AND ENERGY MANAGEMENT
- Halving driving range uncertainty and over-consumption caused by passenger compartment conditioning (which can cut up to 50% off driving range and accounts for one-third of the kWh consumed annually)
- Simultaneously improving the occupants’ comfort and experience
- Development of coupled models (aero-thermal, radiative, physiological and psycho-sensory aspects of the passenger compartment and occupants) for the analysis or parametric study of passenger compartment thermal comfort integrating the energy management of the vehicle’s traction.
- Operation to develop and test ‘intelligent’ driving configurations and strategies designed to deliver high-quality economic, customisable comfort adapted to new forms of mobility.
- Doctoral research into the comfort experienced, supported by human experiments in a controlled passenger compartment environment, and modelling (digital test dummy).Potential of disruptive technologies on the heat production system (proof of concept)
- Establishing a digital platform shared by the partners and focused on passenger compartment thermal comfort and vehicle energy management.
- Sharing advanced metrics on comfort assessment.
- Identifying directions in which to take solutions and supporting the sector so that future rechargeable electric or hybrid vehicles reach the objectives set.
- Equipment manufacturers will find an ideal environment for the definition and promotion of their internal technological developments.