Learning about mobility… the earlier the better!
VEDECOM’s training Direction was created to accompany the deployment of mobility innovations and their uses thanks to varied and fun learning mechanisms adapted to all audiences. The annual open day introducing a class of primary school pupils to autonomous and electric mobility illustrates this mission to share scientific knowledge and is part of the DNA of the Institute’s training offer.
On 16 May 2019, VEDECOM opened its tracks to pupils from Les Sources primary school in Montigny-le-Bretonneux, winner of a scientific challenge organised by the PEGASE association of the ESTACA Engineering School, a privileged partner of the Institute.
The youngsters, teacher and (lucky) accompanying parents took part in various workshops designed and led by our researchers, which allowed them to:
- Understand the issues surrounding electric and autonomous mobilities thanks to an interactive presentation and a challenge for the pupils;
- Discover the professions at work in the fast-changing automotive and transport sectors;
- Learn about different urban mobility scenarios thanks to the game En route !: this serious game teaches how to get around in a complex urban zone, and to extend our options in case of unforeseen events that disrupt our journeys;
- Try out, on a track, the features of a prototype of an autonomous vehicle (level 4), with demonstrations of how to manage a range of traffic situations: traffic jams, arrival of other vehicles onto the vehicle’s lane, stopping at lights thanks to V2I communication, etc.
The young audience was very enthusiastic and curious during the workshops. This was further proof for the Institute’s training Direction that providing people with information and talking about new forms of mobility is a key aspect of their deployment. The day was also the chance to listen to the questions and hopes of the future users of these innovative solutions. And perhaps even to interest future recruits in the field!
Our next knowledge-spreading mission is at Autonomy, the urban mobility summit, where we will be presenting a panorama of solutions and initiatives to accompany the changes in this sector.
Some of our online teaching mechanisms:
- True or false quiz on autonomous vehicles
- MOOC: Tomorrow’s mobility – Sustainable Technologies for the Automotive Sector in partnership with the IFP School
- ‘En Route!’, an instructive kit to extend your range of mobility options
To find out more, please visit our training page.
Articles récents :
Flavie Bonneviot will defend her PhD thesis in Ergonomics, on the trust in autonomous vehicles by vulnerable users, on September 23 at 2pm at the University of Lorraine. The jury will be as follows: - Cahour Béatrice, HDR researcher, CNRS Télécom Paris, rapporteur. -...read more
5G for connected and automated cooperative mobility: towards greater safety and efficiency 21 April 2022, 9 AM - 6 PM Organisation : VEDECOM, Catapult, AKKA Technologies and VALEO Location: VEDECOM headquarters at mobiLab and Satory tracks, Versailles. 23 bis allée...read more
E-mobility: a successfull demonstration of the Certificate Trust List for Plug & Charge interoperability
The Certificate Trust List has been demonstrated on the 2nd of June 2021 as a technical solution for ISO 15118 Plug and Charge interoperability. The objective is to simplify the user experience wherever he is and guarantee the interoperability between any vehicle and...read more