LABORATORY OF NEW USES
Transforming mobility-related behaviour through the understanding of imagined scenarios and uses
- Exploring imagined lifestyle and mobility scenarios
- Identifying and measuring actual mobility flows and practices to understand motivations and obstacles
- Accompanying the emergence of new mobility systems conceived jointly by experts and urban/transport users taking a design approach
- Backing innovation with new economic models
- Knowledge of different forms of mobility (visualisation, quantification, segmentation and qualification)
- Car-sharing ecosystem
- Car-pooling ecosystem
- Other ecosystems (digital mobility and intermodal assistance, electric vehicles, connected vehicles, self-driving vehicles, and other innovative solutions)
- Tools for co-design, creating scenarios, evaluation and for learning mobility
The laboratory of new uses aims to explore, design and assess new sustainable mobility solutions.
- the description and understanding of mobility flows,
- the analysis of psychological, ergonomic, sociological and economic levers and obstacles to the development of new solutions,
- the implementation of relevant design and evaluation tools.
Over three years, it aims to develop expertise and to position itself for the long term on the mobility research market.
- Understanding the activities that trigger mobility, in liaison with the ANR Norm-Atis project
- Public policies and incentive schemes to drive the mobility transformation
- Mobility for all as a new field for research and action, in liaison with the City on the Move Institute (IVM), a VEDECOM’s partner
Research into the conditions for acceptability of new electric, self-driving or shared mobility solutions, with projects implemented at VEDECOM.